The Silverton Unguided Pass just came out (June 28) and it could be the best deal on a season pass we’ve seen. From now until Aug. 1 (or until supplies run out) you can buy a $149 Unguided Season Pass to Silverton Mountain, Colorado and get 3 days skiing at Mad River Glen and 3 days at Smuggler’s Notch, plus one $39 heliskiing drop at Silverton.
Located just east of Telluride, Silverton is known for some of the steepest and deepest skiing in Colorado. There’s one chairlift from which you can hike to a ridgeline and ski any number of runs back down the East Face or West Face back to the tiny base area.
Yes, there are some catches. Silverton, located in south central Colorado, just north of Durango on Route 550, has killer hike-to terrain, deep powder and epic spring skiing. And that the unguided pass, is, well, unguided and access is limited to spring when the snowpack stabilizes and avalanche danger is at its lowest. The dates include:
- Wednesday, March 20 (Passholder-Only Private Mountain Day)
- March 21-24
- March 28-31
- April 4-7
- April 11-14
You can also get standby guided skiing/snowboarding for $89 the rest of the season and a one-time heli-drop to Silverton’s Grassy Bowl or Butter Bowl—and $2 draft beers at Silverton all season. The pass also includes up to three days of free skiing at 42 partner resorts including, the first East Coast resorts, Mad River Glen (weekdays, non-holidays) and Smuggler’s Notch in Vermont.
- 3 days at Monarch Mountain, Colorado
- 3 days at Eaglecrest, Alaska
- 3 days at Mission Ridge, Washington
- 3 days at Sundance Mountain Resort, Utah
- 3 days at Red Lodge Mountain, Montana
- 3 days at Sunlight Mountain Resort, Colorado
- 3 days at Powderhorn, Colorado
- 3 days at Mount Bohemia, Michigan
- 3 days at Snow King, Wyoming
- 3 days at Homewood, California and $100 off cat skiing included
- 3 days at Smugglers’ Notch Resort, Vermont
- 3 days at Brundage Mountain, Idaho
- 3 days at Mad River Glen, Vermont
- 3 days at Mt. Baldy, California
Note: updated on 7/5/to indicate that Mad River Glen tickets are valid weekdays, non-holiday.